Then and now

milbauer_old

milbauer2015

The Land Office Building, built in 1919 by the Port Richey Co. Later known as the Milbauer Building. The top photo appeared in the New Port Richey Press in 1919. The building was originally intended to be a bank, and is referred to as the new bank building in several newspaper articles. In June 1919, the Port Richey Land Co. moved its offices into this building, intending to be there only temporarily until a bank charter could be obtained. According to Ralph Bellwood, the bricks used to construct this building were taken from the hospital building at the Fivay Sawmill. Top photo courtesy of Daniel Rock. The bottom photo was taken in 2015.

Then and now

moreybowman1200

2015_jun_15.jpg

The Morey-Bowman Building along with the Masonic and Peninsular Telephone Building, probably in the late 1920s, and the Boulevard Building, as it is now called, in 2015.

The transom from First State Bank

casson_transom

first_state_bank

mcpherson2015

On June 15, 2015, Walt Casson donated to the museum the transom above the entrance to First State Bank, which was built in 1921. The second photo is an early view of the bank showing the transom. The third photo is a modern (2015) view of the same building, now the law offices of Scott McPherson.