This picture was taken at the Tarpon Springs museum today (Aug. 18, 2017). They provided a special tour for the board members of the West Pasco Historical Society. Some of the people in the photo are with the Tarpon Springs Area Historical Society. They have a wonderful museum, located in downtown Tarpon Springs in the former railroad depot of the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad, built in 1909. larger picture
Visitors to the museum on Aug. 14 were cousins Beva Karay of New Port Richey and Patty Stevenson of Inverness. Their grandfather, Richard D. Stevenson Sr., was elected to the Pasco school board in 1936 and served until 1955. They are also descended from Samuel and Elizabeth Stevenson, who were living in Hernando County by the 1860s, before Pasco County was created.
The museum has recently experimented with opening on Saturdays and Sundays. It appears now that our traditional schedule was more popular, so beginning Sept. 1, 2017, we will revert to our former schedule and open on Fridays and Saturdays. Hours are 1 to 4 p.m. both days. We also open at other times by request for group tours. (We will continue with Saturday-Sunday for the remainder of August.)
Two county officials were visitors to the museum on Aug. 2. They are Cathy Pearson, Assistant County Administrator, and Chris Cauley (far right), Program Administrator. Also in the picture are Dr. Rao Musunuru, honorary board member of the WPHS (left), and Bob Langford, President of the WPHS.