Then and now

Looking south on Grand Boulevard from Orange Lake in the 1920s and on Jan. 20, 2018. The hotel on the left opened as the Grand Rapids Inn in 1914, as the owners were from Grand Rapids, Michigan. The following year the name was changed to the Hotel Newport, as it was thought the name for the new town would be written as Newport-Richey.