The Leeston-Smith Building was completed in December 1926. It was named for Ernest A. Leeston-Smith, who owned the building. He was one of the original owners of the Meighan Theatre. He was born in New Zealand and did not live here very long. A 1937 St. Petersburg Evening Independent article mentioned that Ed Wynn owned the former Leeston-Smith building. This building has been the site of Miller’s Bar, Miller’s Cafe, a bowling alley, the Crab Trap, Wahoo’s Dance Arcade, Sebastian’s Cafe, and many other businesses. The top photo apparently shows part of the building under construction. The bottom photo was taken Dec. 24, 2015.